BY SEAN ‘BLUE’ GRAY
As we move into October, many hunters are getting excited about upcoming big game hunts such as moose and whitetail deer. For some of us, it’s like counting the number of
Many hunters have awaited this time of year for months and are anxious to see if all the summer scouting and research is going to pay off. Because we only get to do it once or twice and tags are limited, we usually do everything we can to guarantee success.
It usually begins by making frequent visits to
I can honestly say that in all my years of hunting I have not had a bad breakfast, lunch or dinner! All the members bring great food and not a soul leaves the camp hungry — ever.
This month, I’ll share a recipe that was given to me by my sister but is originally from a community member now living on Onaping Lake — Graham Marshall. This meal is great any time of the day, whether you pack it in a thermos, have it for breakfast or dinner after a cold day.
- 1 lb
bacon ,chopped and fried 10-inchchunk of Brandt Kielbasa, cubed and fried
- 1-2 small onion, diced
- 3-5 hot banana peppers, diced
- 8-10 large field tomatoes, cored and cut into large chunks
- 2 tbsp butter
- splash of olive oil
- 8-10 eggs
- Dash of salt and pepper and paprika
- Saute onions and peppers in butter in a large pan or pot with olive oil.
- Add bacon, kielbasa and tomatoes and cook on low to medium heat until the tomatoes are stewed and simmering.
- Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- While simmering, one at a time, add 8-10 eggs and lightly stir.
- Simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until egg pieces are fully cooked.
Serve with fresh toast and butter and enjoy!