BY SAMANTHA BRAZEAU-WILSON
Monthly DIYs, home hacks, and organizing tips.
DIY Weed Killer
Dreaming of a lush lawn free of weeds? Try this make-at-home weed killer: a gallon of vinegar, a cup of salt or borax, and a tablespoon of dish soap. To apply, use a spray bottle and spritz away wherever weeds are present. This method works best on a sunny day, as the natural acid will burn the plant and the salt will shrivel it up by sundown (the dish soaps helps the solution stick to the weeds).
Beach Car Kit for Kids
When adventure calls, be prepared with a beach car kit! Pack a clear Rubbermaid bin with beach toys, a swimsuit, towel, waterproof and regular diapers (depending on your kiddo’s age), sunscreen, snacks (think raisins, granola bars, juice boxes), baby wipes, a hat and a pair of sunglasses. You’ll always be prepared for an impromptu beach visit to Vermillion or Windy Lake!
Doggy Ice Pops
Humans aren’t the only ones who need to stay cool in the summer. These dog-friendly popsicles are a fun treat for your pooch with only three ingredients you likely already have in your fridge!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into four paper cups.
- Position a rawhide stick or Milkbone into the middle of the cup (for the stick.)
- Place the cups in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
- Peel the paper cup away from the pop and let your pup enjoy!